Pursuant to the provisions of Town of Kerrobert Bylaw #889-06 as amended, every person carrying on any business, trade, profession, industry, occupation, employment, or calling, dealing with the providing of goods and/or services is required to hold a valid business license with the Town of Kerrobert.
Businesses holding a valid Business License will be invoiced at the beginning of each year for their license renewal fee. All other persons conducting business must complete an application form as required at the Town Office and pay the prescribed fees.
Offences and Penalties
- (1) No person shall:
- (a) obstruct or hinder any designated officer or any other person acting under the authority of this Bylaw; or
- (b) fail to comply with any other provision of this Bylaw.
- (2) Except where a penalty is specifically provided for in this Bylaw, every person who contravenes any provision of subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction:
- (a) in a case of an individual, to a fine not exceeding $10,000.00 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $10,000.00 for each day during which the offence continues; and
- (b) in the case of a corporation, to a fine not exceeding $25,000.00 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $25,000.00 for each day during which the offence continues.
Tax Concession Policy
The Town of Kerrobert offers a Tax Concession Policy for New Businesses in Kerrobert, or for businesses who undertake substantial renovations to an existing business. The Policy information and the Tax Concession Application form can be found on the Incentives page