Kerrobert Recreation News – Nov. 17/2021
Winter has arrived and so has the snow! The Town of Kerrobert is notifying residents that the streets and avenues will not be ploughed until there is a base established on them. Please do not remove snow from the streets and avenues as the intention is to do a proper snow removal without damaging the base prior to spring paving.
Covid Guidelines – Public Health Measures & Hockey Sask & Town of Kerrobert
- Masks must be worn at all indoor public spaces. Those exempt include :
- Under 18 years who are actively eating, drinking or participating in sports.
- Over 18 years who are actively eating or drinking AND sitting.
- Over 18 coaches who have shown proof of vaccination to their organization.
- Over 18 years and organization has implemented a proof of vaccination or negative test requirement. This is up to each organization to monitor.
- This includes the Kerrobert Tigers, the Kerrobert Ice Dawgs and the Mighty Ducks recreation hockey teams, the Kerrobert Curling Club, the Kerrobert Shuffle Club and the Walk this Way organization.
- Over 18 years must wear a mask during public skate time.
- Proof of vaccination or negative test must be shown for volunteer workers and public access to the Kerrobert Museum, Courtroom Gallery, Double Take Out Lounge and all public events held at the PCC. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the proof of vaccination or negative test requirement.
- Proof of vaccinations must be shown at point of entry at all locations.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination by Jan. 10/22 for Affected Persons who are registered with Hockey Saskatchewan within the following age groups :
- U15 and U18 Male and Female AA
- All teams competing in U15, U18 and Senior Hockey Saskatchewan Provincial Playoffs
- All participants attending Hockey Saskatchewan Sask First Programming
- All registered team officials of all teams registered with Hockey Saskatchewan
- The Kerrobert Arena booth is exempt from the ‘COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test because :
- A pick-up style window/counter is being used;
- There is no seated dining area; and,
- No alcohol/liquor is being served.
Kerrobert Memorial Arena
The Kerrobert Memorial Arena was very busy on the weekend of Nov. 12. We hosted a U15 tournament from Kindersley and many thanks were received from Kindersley Minor Hockey on our helpful and welcoming Kerrobert staff. The Tiger game against Wilkie did not bring a win however, the rink was full of people happy to be back to enjoy the new team. The Tiger team is always looking for volunteers to work the door, the 50/50’s and the Double Take Out Lounge, please call the Rec office if you are interested in getting involved.
Curling ice is currently going in thanks to the Kerrobert Curling Club and John and Darlene Gillies. They are anticipating that the ice will be in mid December. We are currently looking to train someone on how to put in and care for the curling ice in our community. Please call the Rec office if you are interested in learning more. Men’s Curling is scheduled for Tuesday nights and the Club is hoping to start a Women’s league, a Mixed league, Seniors league, or Family league, so they need to hear from you! Please contact Mark Neumeier at 494-7356 or Brennan Murphy at 834-7044 or Drew Heidt at 834-7780 if you are interested.
Kerrobert Library, Courtroom Art Gallery & Museum
It’s time to get your tickets for “A Good Old Fashioned Christmas Party” which will be held on Dec. 3 at the Prairieland Community Center. Supper and live entertainment featuring the Bromantics can be enjoyed, tickets are $60 each and can be purchased at the Town office. Call 834-2361 for more information. Funds from this event will support the Courthouse Front Entrance Stairs Project.
If you are looking for a unique Christmas gift, consider purchasing a Kerrobert History Book for $20 which will also provide operating funds for the Kerrobert Museum.
Kerrobert Football Association
The Kerrobert Football Association is running a major project to install power and lights at the KCS “Bowl”. If you are interested in learning more or donating email email@example.com.
The Kerrobert Handibus operates every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for those who are in need of transportation and have a disability (temporary or permanent). The HandiBus operates within Kerrobert and within 200 km from the corporate limits of the Town of Kerrobert. It will also make a monthly scheduled trip to a community, for no less than six people, upon availability of a driver. The rates are $6/passenger for in town trips. Please call the Town office for more information and consider using during the cold winter months! It also makes a great Christmas gift for a Senior!
Programming and Events
Call the Recreation office at 834-2344 or 834-8355 for more information on the following:
- Walk this Way – every Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30am to 11:00am at the PCC
- Shuffle Club – every Monday, 1:30pm at the PCC
- Recreation Hockey teams
- Public Skate and Shinny – check online calendar for more information
- Curling events – we will share more information soon! Be sure to call if you are interested!
- Winter Market – Nov. 27
- Festival of Trees – Dec. 2
- Town Christmas Party – Dec. 3
The winter season can be difficult on our mental health but our community offers many ways to stay active and stay connected with others. Be sure to make yourself aware of what you can do in Kerrobert while staying safe from Covid including fitness classes, yoga classes, paint nights, shuffle club, curling, rec hockey, public skate, craft nights, book club, library visits and so many other special events and activities. Stay well friends, remember that “we are fighting a virus, not each other”.
West Central Crisis Center – 1-306-463-6655
West Central Crisis after hours – 1-306-463-1860 (24 hour line)
Kerrobert Food Bank – 834-5294 or 834-8292
Kerrobert Handibus – 834-2361 OR 834-7464
Kerrobert KidSport – 834-2344
Recreation on call phone – 834-8355